The Loadout Operator is a very hands-on role that is critical in ensuring the highest of production, quality, and efficiency standards in the loadout of industrial alcohol and other Ethanol CO-products. The Load out Operator role is an entry level position where team members will demonstrate ability to follow established processes and procedures while gaining Biofuels plant experience in preparation for other roles. It is expected that team members are learning and developing in this position with the potential to follow an advancement path to promotion with in the plant. Employees entering into the Loadout Operator role are expected to actively and purposefully grow their skill set. Positions works Monday-Friday noon to 8pm and rotating weekend shift, with possibilities for mandatory and/or voluntary overtime.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
· Unfailingly commitment to safety first and Didion’s three safety promises.
· Development and ownership of all aspects the Ethanol Plant Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development of safe behaviors, procedures and systems
· Commitment to follow all safety procedures, GMP’s, performs risk assessments prior to commencing an unfamiliar task, seek to identify and implement proactive safety improvements, and use PPE when required such as: chemical handling, hearing protection, lock-out tag-out, harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.
· Ensure compliance to highest level of personal and food safety not limited to filling in the appropriate documentation like return to service checklists, etc.
· Absolute adherence to safety procedures with use, inspection, and care of vehicles, equipment, and tools to include test equipment, lab equipment, industrial trucks, production equipment and man lifts.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. People in this key role:
· Has a general understanding and adherence to all established safety and housekeeping programs and procedures, including preventative maintenance tasks and visual inspections and audits.
· Committed and unfailing load out support for Didion Ethanol operation and team working to achieve operational excellence; Load Out work is integral to preparing and providing a quality shipped Didion end product to our customers
· Demonstrate a proactive approach during loading and operating machinery to safety compliance.
· Obtains samples of Ethanol and Co-products, general understanding of all results.
· Coordinates with Drivers, Train Crews, Operations, to ensure smooth operation, and proper loading of Trucks and Rail cars.
· Process flows- Proactively monitors process flow out in field and on DCS system to anticipate needs and quickly resolve any issues.
· Understands each point and step in the process from the tank farm tanks to final products loadout. Understands Process instruments flow, level, and pressure, Scales, VFDs and interlocks.
· Demonstrates transfer system process knowledge. Understands flow, performs preventive maintenance and housekeeping on drag conveyors, bucket elevators, Rotary Air locks, Screw conveyors, Rotex, bag house, Diverters, Pumps, Valves.
· Performs inspection, Basic PM’s, maintains cleanliness, and operates forklifts, yard dogs, gradalls, Scissors and boom lift Front end loader.
· Performs Chemical loading and unloading. Reviews and follows loading and unloading
· Has a proactive commitment to growing and expanding skill set through training and education leading toward higher level of responsibility or growth into a new role.
· Ensure final paperwork and computer data entry for shipped loads is completed promptly and correctly.
· Personally committed to add value to the organization, the department, and the team by performing all tasks required to support the Ethanol Team in the efficient operation of the plant.
REQUIREMENTS to help ensure success include:
To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the desired job outcomes. Specific requirements include:
· High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience. Technical school certificate or degree in related field a plus, but not required.
· Ability to follow established process ideally in a manufacturing environment with a strong safety culture.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new things quickly.
· Able to work in all types of weather, no matter the conditions freezing rain, blizzards, extreme heat
· Ability to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior and present a positive and professional image within the plant.
· High degree of attention to detail and initiative to act on what you see.
· General computer competency required. Basic driving skills required; forklift, Heavy equipment driving experience a plus.
· General computer competency required for use with HMI interface, label creation, receipt selection, and schedule selection.
· Ability to work autonomously using critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to complete assigned tasks safely without supervision.
· Demonstrate ownership of job function and area equipment.
· Demonstrate personal initiative and collaborative, team player approach.
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently in order to communicate effectively with team members within and external to the Ethanol Plant.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIROMENTAL FACTORS
· Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
· Must be able to lift 55 pounds repetitively.
· Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
· Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
· Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
· Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
· Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Job Type: Full-time