** This position has a flexible work location. We are open to a remote work arrangement and there will be a requirement for significant onsite presence while you are learning our company and building the learning discipline. Generally our approach is that you “go where the work is” and for the near future, most of the work will require you to be present in Cambria, WI where most of our team members are currently located. Cambria is located within commuting distance of Madison, WI – a city consistently rated as one of the best places to grow a career!
The Learning and Development Manager owns and drives the strategy for education, training and development at Didion and ensures it is contributing to business results. This role leads a team of L&D professionals who are front runners in accelerating talent. It is responsible for making high quality learning programs available to our team that support leadership development, technical skill development, compliance training, mentoring and onboarding. The L&D Manager ensures that needs assessments and training evaluation is in place to measure and monitor learning option effectiveness.
Personal and Work Environment SAFETY is achieved through:
- Supporting all aspects of our Safety Culture. Safety Maturity is advanced through constant development of safe behaviors, procedures and systems.
- Absolute commitment to Didion Safety Promises, personal and food safety procedures, and good manufacturing processes.
The highest levels of PRODUCTION and EFFICIENCY are achieved through passionate commitment and proactive ownership. The person in this key role:
- Defines & develops the L&D strategy in collaboration with business leaders, confirming organizational needs, skills, capabilities, and performance expectations.
- Designs the process for development, delivery, assessment and continuous improvement of core learning content and programs using a variety of mediums (virtual and in-person) to drive learning including but not limited to, leadership, technical, sales, industry knowledge and soft skills training.
- Directly leads a team of L&D Professionals and influences an extended team of technical trainers imbedded in operations departments.
- Establishes standard for what good training looks like and creates environment to support all training that is delivered at Didion meets this standard.
- Effectively sources and ensures facilitation of challenging and engaging curriculum that integrates instructor-led, experiential, and technology-based learning; ensuring curriculum considers audience, learning styles, location, and participant readiness within the learning process.
- Designs, develops, and delivers scalable and effective non-instructor led solutions, including e-learning and performance support tools with subject matter experts to design, implement and execute training solutions that meet the needs of assigned client groups.
- Improves upon the quality of existing learning content to ensure content is fresh, relevant, and timely.
- Identifies gaps in existing learning opportunities and create plans to address gaps.
- Establishes criteria to evaluate effectiveness of training programs based on business results and communicates results to Leadership.
- Creates and supports mentorship and cohort programs so team members learn from and support one another.
- Lead team in Learning Management System (LMS) set up, use and administration.
- Research, evaluate and determine needs for third party training vendors when appropriate.
- Manage training and/or development program costs against budget.
REQUIREMENTS to ensure success include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Human Resource Management or related field. ATD certification preferred.
- 5+ years of training and development experience in business and manufacturing environments.
- Experience leading larger scale L&D Projects and/or L&D team.
- Ability to use needs assessment and learning program evaluations to drive high quality learning programs.
- Proven curriculum design experience utilizing technology and new and different styles of learning modality to reach a wide variety of learners.
- Leadership development program selection, design and delivery
- Superior communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience with LMS selection, setup and use.
- Proficiency in working both independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking high performance team to provide high levels of customer service to internal business partners and co-workers.