*** We are open to considering candidates who are looking to grow into a Safety Leadership position.
The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated experience in putting safety above all else, in work and in life, and have a track record of successfully leading initiatives that support the safety of all team members.
Safety Managers report to the Corporate Director of Safety, are imbedded in one or more of our facilities and are extensions of the teams in the facilities they support. These roles ensure that all of our work locations operate with a safety-first mindset and accomplish this by implementing, maintaining, and promoting Didion’s Three Safety Promises and company safety protocols/policies.
Successful candidates will conduct and support training, accident investigations, safety walks and routine safety inspections to prevent accidents and ensure the overall well-being of all our employees. These positions will spend a significant amount of time in their respective plants delivering training, assessing potential hazards and driving continuous improvement in support of our safety vision.
- Give input and assist in the development of corporate safety programs, policies and training and deliver/oversee the implementation of the same in their respective facilities.
- Develop training content, conducting qualification training and validating training competency.
- Provide consultation to employees, supervisors, and managers to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with safety regulations, standards and practices.
- Identify gaps in training curriculum by analyzing injury/illness data.
- Enforce COVID operating guidelines to ensure teams are following COVID mitigation policies.
- Coordinate efforts with facility management teams to ensure safety policies and guidelines are being carried out while making recommendations for corrective and preventative actions.
- Attend safety walks and inspections and continuously provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Investigate and facilitate root cause analyses on accidents and incidents.
- Maintain documentation of our workplace safety procedures, accidents and related events
- Identify hazardous conditions/actions within the plant and recommend corrective measures.
- Conduct Management of Change on proposed modifications to equipment, raw materials, and processes.
- Participate on and guide direction of safety teams. Provide Safety Team Leaders with safety training information for weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Assist in purchasing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Prepare monthly incident summary reports.
- Supervise maintenance of OSHA 300 log for the facilities you support.
- Support site as safety mentor for visitors.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, or Industrial Safety Management preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation or plans to become a CSP.
- Additional experience:
- Bioscience Safety Manager – 3+ years in chemical process and/or biofuels industries including PSM experience.
- Mill Safety Manager – 3+ years in dry grind environment (e.g., grain, sugar, spices, coffee, whey, plastic).
- Specialty Products Safety Manager – 3+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, PSM standards.,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with all team members.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Leadership skills and experience motivating and developing a team though constant feedback